Fly540 Kenya (5H) has announced that it has increased the frequency of flights between Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and Lodwar, the largest town in north-western Kenya, located west of Lake Turkana, from six to nine per week in response to rising demand. The LCC said it had added an additional flight on Monday, Wednesday and Friday respectively, resulting in two flights operating on each of these days. The return flights operate via Eldoret.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Kenyan ground-handling firm, Tradewinds Aviation Services (TAS), has announced that its stations at Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Mombasa Moi International Airport have successfully passed their respective IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO).
Monday, March 25, 2013
Etihad Cargo, the cargo division of Abu Dhabi based carrier, Etihad Airways (EY) has published its planned Summer 2013 Freighter operation, which has been in effect since 11MAR13. Its planned African operation based on the airline’s PDF timetable listing as follow.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Kenyan air charter and scheduled ops company, Freedom Airline Express Ltd, is set to receive a second Embraer 120ER Brasilia (MSN 247 | 5Y- ?) as it seeks to expand its operations.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
notably Rome (Italy), and Muscat (Oman) due to low uptake, whilst announcing new destinations that are to be launched between July and October 2012 including Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Eldoret (Kenya), Abuja (Nigeria) and Beirut (Lebanon).
|Kenya Airways Route Map|
The optimized schedule comes as the airline moves to increase frequencies on existing routes to meet changing and growing demand, while opening new routes in Africa and the Middle East. Kenya Airways Group Managing Director, Dr. Titus Naikuni said the decision to halt operations on the routes was also based on insufficient demand to sustain the routes.
"“Owing to the decreased passenger volumes on these routes, we have decided to re-align our capacity across the entire network to meet growing demand on other destinations including new ones,” said Dr Naikuni."
Kenya Airways' Summer 2012 Schedule
- Kisumu City boosted with introduction of an extra frequency over the weekends bringing it to 4x daily. On specific weekdays the airline will maintain its 3x daily flights. An Embraer E190 will be deployed on the route especially in the mornings and evenings.
- All Lagos daytime flights to Accra are combined as KQ 534 operating Nairobi – Lagos – Accra – Nairobi. As a result, Kenya Airways will be flying into Accra 12 times a week and 9 times a week to Lagos.
- Additionally, the introduction of wide-body capacity into and out of Lagos and Accra is set to have significant impact on Kenya Airways’ passenger and cargo revenue streams as it will enable it to offer more capacity and minimum connecting time between Guangzhou, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Dubai, Mumbai and West Africa.
- Ndjamena increased to 3x direct flights a week.
- Dakar will now connect through Ouagadougou which increases flights to OUA to 3 times a week.
- Bamako flights will operate via Cotonou 3 times a week; this is expected to ease out on the payload issues that the Bamako passengers have experienced in the past.
Middle East & Asia
- Mumbai, India is increased from daily to 10 flights a week with 3x weekly flights to Delhi.
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia has an extra flight added, bringing the frequency to 3x weekly effective July 2012.
- New direct flight to Dubai which will operate 3x a week with late evening departures from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to capture the late connecting traffic arriving into Nairobi. This is in addition to the daily Dubai service that the airline operates. The airline will now operate 10 non-stop flights to Dubai.
- Europe has a capacity increase despite the suspension of Rome flights.
- Effective July 2012, flights to London Heathrow will increase to 10 flights per week on the 322 seater Boeing 777-200. This is to cater for increased traffic demand during the Olympics.
- Paris flights will increase to 6 weekly flights during the July – August peak period and the daily Amsterdam capacity will be upgraded to a Boeing 777-200.