The Aviation Herald reports that a Sudanese Mid Airlines (7Y) Fokker 50 (MSN 20130 | ST-ARG) that was preparing for departure from Khartoum International Airport enroute to El Obeid as flight 7Y450, on August 6, suffered a serious incident when the starboard side prop slammed into a ground power unit while taxiing.
Friday, August 16, 2013
Monday, August 5, 2013
Air Tanzania (TC) is reportedly to acquire five Xian MA60s and three Harbin Y-12 turboprops (whether they are on lease or outright purchase is unclear) from JoyAir (JR), a Chinese carrier that is 95% owned by China's state-backed aircraft manufacturer and Xian's parent, the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), with the remaining 5% held by China Eastern Airlines (MU).
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Ethiopia's National Airways (7N) is planning to add several Fokker 50s and to acquire Embraer ERJ-170s in the near future as the airline looks to expand beyond its current operations that are limited to helicopter charter flights, ad-hoc charter ops and a single scheduled weekly flight to Hargeisa (Somaliland) set to be extended to Djibouti.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
► FLEET UPDATE BULLETIN: Vulkan Air (South Africa), Air Namibia (SW), Fly540 Angola, Atlas Aviation Kenya.
The following is a fleet update bulletin for aircraft that are in use, have been in use or will be in use for these listed airlines: Vulkan Air (South Africa), Air Namibia (SW), Fly540 Angola, Atlas Aviation Kenya.
Monday, March 18, 2013
► KENYA: Updates on ALS Aircraft Leasing, Mombasa Air Safari, Skyward International and Phoenix Aviation ops.
Kenyan operators ALS - Aircraft Leasing Services (K4) and Skyward International Aviation have taken delivery of an Embraer ERJ-145 and a Fokker 50 respectively while Mombasa Air Safari (RRV) and Phoenix Aviation are to retire their Let 410s and McDonnell Douglas MD83 respectively.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Congo's Radio Okapi is reporting that a Fokker 50 (MSN 20270 | 9Q-CBD) belonging to CAA - Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation (FPY) crashed into a residential area at 17h44L on Monday afternoon while landing in bad weather at Goma International Airport, North Kivu Province in the eastern DRC. CAA operates four Fokker 50s.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
After the successful launch of inter-island services last week using a Let 410 (MSN 072640 | D6-NHD), the Comorian Government is now considering resurrecting defunct national carrier Air Comores.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Dutch ACMI specialists Denim Air (3D) have confirmed via Twitter that it is to base a single Fokker 50 (MSN 20239 | PH-JXN) in Juba, South Sudan for the duration of 2013 in support of United Nations & World Food Program work currently ongoing in the country.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Swiss aviation newswire CH-Aviation is reporting that Kenyan aircraft charter company "Skyward International Aviation" is set to receive their first jet - a Fokker 100 (MSN 11307 | 5Y-SIA) in addition to a Fokker 50 (MSN 20111 | 5Y-MIS).
Monday, September 3, 2012
After its recent acquisition by the Fly540 group of FastJet fame, flySAX, formerly East African Safari Air Express (B5), has just received its Fokker F28 (MSN: 11229 | 5Y-EEE) painted in the company's new colours, and ready for service.
East African Safari Air was an airline based in Kenya whose international operations were suspended in September 2004, though the airline still maintained scheduled regional and domestic services through its subsidiary East African Safari Air Express. In November 2010, East African Safari Air Express too, ceased operations shortly before being bought out completely by fly540 Group in December 2010.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Ghanaian domestic airline CiTylinK Airlines, has summer-leased a Fokker 100, 9A-BTD, from Croatia-based Trade Air. From its website, the airline operates scheduled and charter flights, in addition to medical evacuation flights, and offers cartographic services as well.
At present, CTK CiTylinK serves Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Tamale and Sunyani using a mix of SAAB 340s and Let 410s.